5 Interesting Uses for Coffee
Believe it or not, coffee has more uses than just your caffeine fix. Coffee has many health and beauty benefits you maybe didn’t realize. There are many things you can make at home with your morning coffee, and everything is natural!
Whether it is for beauty or household cleaners, coffee has your back! Check out some of these uses for coffee and let us know if you are willing to try some! Send us a photo of your DIY coffee product and your next beverage will be on us!
1. Natural Hair Dye
Coffee is a natural dye that can gently darken your hair without the use of expensive and harmful chemicals. Using coffee in your hair washing routine will gradually darken your hair in the first week or so. Coffee is also a great ingredient for shiny hair. Add some strongly brewed coffee to your shampoo for that extra radiant shine.
Coffee Hair Mask:
For extra shine and that darker finish make a hair mask:
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic Coffee Grounds
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
1. Combine ingredients creating a paste.
2. Add to hair gently in little pieces spreading the paste evenly through the hair.
3. Tie up or put in hair net for 1 hour.
4. Rinse with cold water (for extra shine) or with brewed coffee for a darker finish. Thoroughly rinse and wash as normal.
2. Skin Treatment
Coffee also can reduce the visual look of cellulite and sooth your skin creating an extremely soft feel. Massaging a coffee scrub gently on your arms and legs will tone out the look of cellulite firming the skin. After use, you will also notice how incredibly soft and smooth your skin feels to the touch, almost like magic! The reason this happens is the coffee grounds work as an exfoliation product that strips away dead skin cells leaving healthy tightened skin.
Body Cellulite Scrub: *Warning: Can be messy!
- ½ Cup organic coffee grounds
- ½ cup organic raw sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1. Combine ingredients together, it will be almost like wet sand.
2. In the shower, use about a quarter size coffee scrub for each area. Rub the scrub in a circular motion for at least 30 seconds on the area you’d like to tone up. (At Chillybean Coffee Co. we lather that stuff on everywhere!)
3. Rinse with warm water until scrub is gone. You wont be disappointed!
*Add some vanilla for the smell, your skin will smell like a vanilla latte!
3. Repel Fleas for your Pups!
Coffee is great for repelling fleas and getting rid of the wet dog smell after a bath. If you’d like to do it the cheap and natural way, run a very small amount of damp coffee ground through your pet’s fur (A VERY SMALL AMOUNT). This will repel fleas and give the dogs a much better smell after their bath. Brush out the grounds using a brush or your fingers.
4. Don’t just Repel Fleas; Repel Ants!
Have a sugar ant problem around your house? Sprinkle a few used coffee grounds around the problem ant areas. They will make their way out of there fast or just not come back seeing that coffee is around. Sprinkle used coffee around the yard at your house to keep away those unwanted marchers!
5. A Cleaner you Need!
Coffee is mildly abrasive and acidic so its great for scrubbing all kinds of surfaces without the sponge. Scrub counter tops to get those sticky and hardened messes right off there!
*Add soap to your coffee grounds for a great DIY cleaner. Good for all surfaces!
Let Chillybean know if you tried any of these, let us know what you think! Old wives tales, or are do these really work?